To be considered for employment you must meet the following requirements:
• Submit a completed and signed application, including a list of all work experience for the past ten years.
• You must be at least 19 years of age.
• You must be a High School graduate or have your GED.
• Be able to type 40 words per minute net. Administer type tests to interested applicants. Call 334-445-9444 to schedule an appointment.
• Possess clear oral communications skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to act and think clearly in emergency or pressure situations. Testing will be performed to assess this ability.
• Possess the skills or abilities necessary to operate radio and telephone communication equipment.
• Be prepared to work day, swing, and graveyard shifts, as well as holidays and weekends.
• A background investigation will be conducted on all applicants considered for employment.
• A multitasking skills test will be administered.
• An oral interview and a drug screen test will be given prior to employment.
• Prior dispatch experience is preferred, but not necessary.
• Any training, education, or certification which is relevant (such as CPR, EMD, or other POST training, etc..) would be helpful, but is not required.